Emerald Credit Union offers regular share (savings) and share draft checking accounts with debit cards and ATM access, IRAs, certificates, Christmas club and other club accounts, money market accounts, vacation and back to school accounts. Emerald provides real estate, home improvement, education, consumer and auto loans, unsecured lines of credit, overdraft protection and Visa credit cards. We also offer payroll deduction, ACH (automated clearing house) direct deposits of payroll, pension and Social Security checks.
Regular Share (Savings):
This is your basic savings account. There is no minimum balance required other than the $5.00 membership deposit. Dividends are calculated daily and posted quarterly. You need a minimum of $500.00 to earn dividends.
Money Market Accounts:
- Earns higher dividends. Minimum balance to earn dividends is $2000.
- Best used for members with longer-term investment goals.
- Withdrawal restrictions apply - Minimum withdrawal amount is $500 ($10 fee for less). Maximum of five (5) withdrawals per quarter ($10 fee when exceeded).
- Earns same dividends as regular shares. Minimum balance to earn dividends is $500.
- Best used for budgetary items, or when frequent withdrawals are made.
You only need $1,000.00 to open a Share Certificate at ECU. Terms range from six months to 60 months.
You can choose term or variable rate IRA options at ECU. For your safety and peace of mind, our IRAs are insured up to $250,000.00 per account. ECU offers Traditional, Roth, and ESA (education savings account). Please click on the links below for more information about the IRA accounts that ECU offers, and for what might be best for you.
2015 IRA eBrochures:
Christmas Club Account:
No minimum balance is required. Christmas Club account balances will transfer to your Share Savings Account on the first business day in November each year. Dividends are paid quarterly. There is a $5.00 fee for withdrawals made before the funds have been transferred.
Simple, worry-free checking that gives you exactly what the name suggests - a convenient checking account that's absolutely free of monthly service charges and minimum balance requirements. We also offer the added benefit of free online banking so complete financial control is never more than a click away.
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly service fees
- Unlimited check writing and no per check charges
- Free Online & Mobile Banking - Emerald24
- Free Bill-Payer service
- MasterCard Debit Cards
- Free teller transactions
- Overdraft protection available
- Call24 - 24/7 account phone access
MasterCard Debit Card:
Apply for a MasterCard Check Card today and enjoy the ease and convenience it adds to your life!
- Make purchases anywhere you see the MasterCard logo! The MasterCard Debit Card acts like a credit card, but works like a check to get you in, out and on your way, without all the hassles of writing a check!
- Access your cash anytime, anyplace with your MasterCard Debit Card! Use it just like an ATM card to access either your checking or savings account. Better still – use an Alliance One or MoneyPass® ATM to complete your transaction with no additional service charge!
ATM machines with Star or Plus logos are accessible by our members. ATMs in the MoneyPass® or Alliance One networks are surcharge free.
- Online Banking is a FREE service, available 24/7/365
- Use free Bill-Payer services
- View account balance information and history
- Transfer funds between your ECU accounts
- Transfer funds between your ECU accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions (fee may apply)
- Make loan payments
- View images of cancelled checks
- Export account information to Quicken® or Microsoft® Money software
- Print out account information
- Fill out a loan application
- Receiving monthly e-Statements