Emerald Credit Union offers regular share (savings) and share draft checking
accounts with debit cards and ATM access, IRAs, certificates,
Christmas club and other club accounts, money market accounts, vacation and back to school accounts.
Emerald provides real estate, home improvement, education,
consumer and auto loans, unsecured lines of credit, overdraft
protection and Visa credit cards. We also offer payroll deduction,
ACH (automated clearing house) direct deposits of payroll, pension
and Social Security checks.
Regular Share (Savings):
This is your basic savings account. There is no minimum balance
required other than the $5.00 membership deposit. Dividends are
calculated daily and posted quarterly. You need a minimum of $500.00 to
Money Market Accounts:
- Earns higher dividends. Minimum balance to earn
dividends is $2000.
- Best used for members with longer-term investment goals.
- Withdrawal restrictions apply - Minimum withdrawal amount is
$500 ($10 fee for less). Maximum of five (5) withdrawals
per quarter ($10 fee when exceeded).
- Earns same dividends as regular shares. Minimum
balance to earn dividends is $500.
- Best used for budgetary items, or when frequent withdrawals
You only need $1,000.00 to open a Share Certificate at ECU. Terms
range from six months to 60 months.
You can choose term or variable rate IRA options at ECU. For your
safety and peace of mind, our IRAs are insured up to $250,000.00 per
account. ECU offers Traditional, Roth, and ESA (education savings
account). Please click on the links below for more information
about the IRA accounts that ECU offers, and for what might be best
2015 IRA eBrochures:
Traditional IRAs - Answers to Your Questions
Roth IRAs - Answers to Your Questions
Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA - Exploring Your IRA Options
Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA - Taking a Closer Look at
Coverdell Education Savings Accounts - Answers to Your Questions
IRAs - Growing Your Savings During Every Stage of Life
Retirement Plan Rollovers - Rolling Your Way to a Better Retirement
Conversions - Moving Into a Roth IRA
Christmas Club Account:
No minimum balance is required. Christmas Club account balances will
transfer to your Share Savings Account on the first business day in November each
year. Dividends are paid quarterly. There is a $5.00 fee for
withdrawals made before the funds have been transferred.
Simple, worry-free checking that gives you exactly what the name
suggests - a convenient checking account that's absolutely free of
monthly service charges and minimum balance requirements. We also
offer the added benefit of free online banking so complete financial
control is never more than a click away.
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly service fees
- Unlimited check writing and no per check charges
- Free Online & Mobile Banking -
- Free Bill-Payer service
- MasterCard Debit Cards
- Free teller transactions
- Overdraft protection available
- Call24 - 24/7 account phone access
MasterCard Debit Card:
Apply for a MasterCard Check Card today and enjoy the ease and
convenience it adds to your life!
- Make purchases anywhere you see the MasterCard logo! The
MasterCard Debit Card acts like a credit card, but works like a
check to get you in, out and on your way, without all the hassles of
writing a check!
- Access your cash anytime, anyplace with your MasterCard Debit
Card! Use it just like an ATM card to access either your checking or
savings account. Better still – use an Alliance One or MoneyPass® ATM
to complete your transaction with no additional service charge!
ATM machines with Star or Plus logos are accessible by our
members. ATMs in the MoneyPass® or Alliance One networks are surcharge
Verified By Visa
Online Banking -
- Online Banking is a FREE service, available 24/7/365
- Use free Bill-Payer services
- View account balance information and history
- Transfer funds between your ECU accounts
- Transfer funds between your ECU accounts and your accounts at
other financial institutions (fee may apply)
- Make loan payments
- View images of cancelled checks
- Export account information to Quicken® or Microsoft® Money
- Print out account information
- Fill out a loan application
- Receiving monthly e-Statements