Unfortunately, more and more Americans have their identities stolen every year. We strive to provide our members with information that may be helpful in preventing, detecting, and protecting against identity theft and other internet, mail, and telephone scams.
Emerald Credit Union will never request personal information about our members by email or text messaging. Personal information includes account numbers, passwords, personal identification information, or any other confidential information.
'Tis the Season... for Fraud!
The debate rages on regarding the appropriate time to display your holiday decorations. But, it's never too early to start protecting yourself from fraud. The holiday season presents the perfect opportunity for fraudsters to take advantage of consumers who are distracted with shopping, parties, gift-giving, and travel. So, how do you protect yourself from becoming a victim? Bandit has some tips to help you be aware and diligent about who and where you're making your holiday purchases from:
- Set up transaction alerts to monitor for unauthorized purchases. ECU offers transaction alerts through Online Banking, our Mobile App, and the My Mobile Money App.
- Avoid entering payment card information on fillable web forms. Use stored payment information through legitimate companies like Amazon Pay or Paypal.
- Make sure your computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices are protected with an antivirus, anti-spyware, and a firewall.
- Use only well-known websites for online purchases.
- Go to websites directly, instead of using links from social media advertisements.
- Review and monitor your accounts daily, and report any unauthorized activity immediately.
Please use the links below to learn more about other common types of fraud and scams.
Online Banking Security
Charity Scams & Ticket Scams
Investment Scams & IRS Imposter
ScamsTax-Related Identity Theft & Census-Related Fraud
Lottery or Sweepstakes Scams & Pyramid Schemes