Mastercard Debit Cards
Use Your Debit Card and Flex Your Superpower!
Your greatest superpower is right in your wallet! Each time you use our debit card for a PIN or signature-based purchase, now through December 31, 2022, you'll automatically be entered for a chance to win great prizes in the Superhero Rewards promotion!
Grab your debit card and be the hero to your friends and family! Whether you’re out shopping or enjoying a night out on the town, it’s time to flex your debit card superpowers. When you use your ECU debit card, shopping and checkout is fast and easy. Every purchase earns you another chance to win!
Making purchases has never been easier or more convenient. Simply use our debit card to pay for all your daily essentials, including groceries and fuel. Plus, you could be on your way to winning great prizes!
- Grand Prize: $500 Gift Card
- Eight Monthly Winners: $50 Gift Card
The more you use your debit card, the more chances you’ll have to win! Don’t have a debit card? Stop in and apply today! This promotion is sponsored by our debit card provider, SHAZAM.
*No purchase is necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Promotion period is between October 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Visit www.shazam.net/services/marketing/sdr-rules/ for official rules and complete contest details.
A Mastercard debit card is available with all types of Emerald Checking Accounts, and offers access to a network of over 38,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. The free Brella™ mobile app is also available, giving you more control over how your debit card is used. Other debit card benefits include:
- Eliminate carrying cash and writing cumbersome checks.
- Avoid an extra trip to the ATM by getting cash back with in-store purchases.
- The ability to freeze and reactivate your debit card right within our Mobile App.
- Unlike credit cards, there are no late fees, annual fees, or interest charges, which can save you a bundle.
You may add our debit card to the mobile wallet of your choice, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, and Fitbit Pay. A mobile wallet is an app that stores payment card information on your smartphone, and it's a convenient way to make in-store and online purchases. Simply make sure your ECU debit card is setup as the default payment card within your mobile wallet, and when you're ready to make a purchase, you may either:
- Select your ECU debit card at the checkout screen when you’re shopping online with your smartphone.
- Tap your smartphone to a digital payment-enabled terminal in-store at participating merchants when checking out. All you have to do is unlock your phone’s screen and hold it directly above the terminal (you don’t even have to login to your mobile wallet app). When processing a purchase this way, the mobile app uses a technology called near-field communication (NFC), which uses radio frequencies to communicate between devices.
Debit Card Customer Service:
Card Activation / PIN Changes
To ensure uninterrupted usage of your Emerald Mastercard debit card while you travel, please notify us prior to your departure date. We will add a “Travel Memo” to your account preventing the Fraud Department from blocking your card due to unusual spending. This is also a great opportunity to update your home and/or cell phone number(s) as well, in the event that the Fraud Department ever attempts to contact you.
Financial Wellness Tip:
Keep yourself and your card data protected while you’re at the ATM or fuel pump with these simple S-T-E-P-S
Set online and mobile banking fraud alerts.
Tug the card reader. If it's loose, walk away.
Examine your surroundings.
Protect your PIN; cover it with your hand while entering it.
Scan for the security tape seal on fuel pumps.
Surcharge-Free ATM Networks
MoneyPass® is one of the largest surcharge-free ATM networks in the nation, with over 33,000 ATMs, including those found in over 2,000 Walmart stores, and over 8,000 7-Eleven convenience stores. MoneyPass® now offers an ATM locator app for your smartphone. You can find a MoneyPass® ATM by entering an address or zip code, or by using your current location. Visit www.moneypass.com for all the details.
The Alliance One network also provides our members with surcharge-free ATM use at over 5,000 locations nationwide. The Alliance One mobile app allows you to search by address or geo-location, and includes a bookmarking tool so you can keep your favorite ATM locations together in one place. Visit www.allianceone.coop for all the details.
Brella™ Mobile App
Brella™ is a free mobile app that helps protect you from fraud by sending alerts when your debit card is used, so you can quickly detect unauthorized activity. You have control over which alerts to receive, and when. Alerts include:
- Purchases exceeding thresholds you set
- Purchases made via the internet or over the phone
- Suspicious or high-risk purchases
If you receive an alert, you can quickly take action to help prevent fraud. In addition to this extra layer of protection, the Brella™ app also allows you to:
- Block and reactivate your debit card
- Send money to virtually anyone
- Submit travel notices
- Locate a nearby ATM
- Check your account balance without logging in
- Log in with just your fingerprint
Download the free Brella
™ mobile app
today from iTunes or Google Play, and learn more from the Brella™ User Guide