Share Savings Account
This basic savings account establishes credit union membership, and is designed for minors (under the age of 18). It requires a parent or legal guardian as the joint owner
- A minimum par value deposit of $5.00 is required to open a Youth Share Savings Account. This par value must be maintained at all times to keep the account in good standing.
- Dividends are posted quarterly with a minimum average daily balance of just $50.00.
- The parent or legal guardian must sign the membership application for youth members ages 0-10 years old.
- The minor and the parent or legal guardian must sign the membership application for youth members ages 11-17 years old.
This basic personal checking account is designed for minors ages 16-17 years old, and requires a parent or legal guardian as the joint owner.
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly service fee.
- The minor and the parent or legal guardian must sign the membership application.
- A Mastercard Debit Card may be added for access to over 38,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
- The parent or legal guardian will accept liability for all debt incurred by the minor on the account.
- Overdraft Advantage is not available on Youth Checking Accounts.
about establishing a new membership, who can join
, and the documents required to set up your accounts.
Each year, Emerald Credit Union selects up to two high school graduates within the school districts that we serve, to be awarded with a $1,000 scholarship intended to aid with college or other post-high school education expenses.
We also proudly participate in the Ohio Credit Union Foundation's Annual Video Scholarship, which awards three scholarships ($5000, $2500, $1000) to an Ohio undergraduate credit union member.